Intertek Experts Conduct One-Day Training Course on Food Contact Regulations
September 10, 2019
Intertek, a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide, will be conducting a one-day food contact regulations training course (hosted by Chemical Watch) on November 5, 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
Food contact regulatory requirements around the world can be complex as many regions require their own notifications for new food contact substances, and various countries have different compliance specifications for food contact materials. This course will provide guidance on the compliance requirements for global food contact materials and will offer an overview of the risk assessment process required to achieve compliance.
Intertek Health, Environmental & Regulatory Services (HERS) experts, Job Ridderbecks, Food Contact Technical Specialist, and Birgit Scholz, Food Contact Specialist, will cover the following topics during the course:
- Compliance approach for assessing polymer materials including: plastic, silicones, coatings, rubber
- Cross comparison between EU, FDA, Mercosur and China
- EN1186 overall migration testing (according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come in contact with food)
- EN13130 specific migration testing (according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come in contact with food)
- Regulation (EU) 10/2011 and article 3 in Commission Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- Good Manufacturing Practices (EC) No 2023/2006
- China GB Standards
- Testing performed against United States FDA 21 CFR
This course is ideal for packaging designers, engineers, manufacturers, retailers, food scientists, and stakeholders who need to understand the implications this regulation may have on their business operations. To register for the training course, please visit: https://events.chemicalwatch.com/79665/food-contact-regulations/programme
To learn more about the services offered by our experts and within the larger Intertek organization, please visit: intertek.com/regulatory/food-contact/.
Total Quality. Assured.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 44,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
For Media Information:
Global Marketing Manager
T: +1 905 542 2900
For Technical Information:
Sarah Saminadin Peter
Director, Food Contact EMEA
T: +49 711 27311 257